Dual Enrollment/Early Admission
The fee exemption provides awards to public high school students who have completed their junior year, with an overall high school GPA of at least 3.0, and have obtained written recommendations from both their high school principal and guidance counselor. The Early Admission student may apply to the Admissions Office to have all tuition and application fees exempted as well as book charges. The exemption is for a maximum of twenty-four (24) semester hours in accordance with Florida Statutes, Chapter 1007.271.
Foster Care Board Exemption
A foster care student may have all matriculation and tuition fees exempted for a maximum of 32 credit hours per year. The exemption is valid until the student reaches 28 years of age.
Homeless Fee Exemption
Any student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or whose primary nighttime residence is a public or private shelter designed for, or not ordinarily used as regular sleeping accommodation for human beings shall be exempt from tuition and fees (see Florida Statutes, Chapter 1009.25(1)(f) and Chapter 239.117).
According to Florida Statutes, Chapter 288.8175, linkage institutes between postsecondary institutions in the state of Florida and foreign countries allow designated foreign students to study in Florida at any State University or College. Students may receive in-state tuition rates enrolling in the Florida-Israel Institute.
Purple Heart/Superior Combat Decorations
According to Florida Senate Bill 122 passed July 1, 2006, state universities and community colleges will waive tuition for recipients of the Purple Heart or other combat decoration superior in precedence who:
- are enrolled as full-time, part-time, or summer-school students in an undergraduate program that terminates in a degree or certificate;
- are currently and were at the time of the military action that resulted in receiving the Purple Heart or other combat decoration superior in precedence, a resident of Florida; and submit to the state university or the community college the DD-214 form issued at the time of separation from service as documentation that the student received a Purple Heart or another combat decoration superior in precedence. Medals that meet the criteria are:
- Purple Heart
- Medal of Honor
- Silver Star
- Bronze Star (must be "V" designation or device)
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Legion of Merit (must be "V" designation or device)
- Air Force Cross
- Navy Cross
- Distinguished Service Cross