Broward College defines an internship as any short-term, supervised work experience. The internship should provide students with a meaningful opportunity to explore careers in their academic pathway. The College facilitates several types including micro-internships, general non-credit internships, and internships associated with a course that earn students 3-credit hours.
- Micro-Internship – Short-term skilled paid work experiences, up to 40 hours. Most can be completed remotely.
- General Internship – A non-credit professional learning experience offering meaningful work related to a student’s career of interest. These are full- or part-time and can be paid or unpaid.
- Internship EDGE Program – A for-credit General Internship in which students earn three (3) academic credits. Students are guided through their internship experience by a credentialed faculty member who assists in developing measurable learning outcomes, and grades mid-term and end-of-term projects and serves as the intern’s advocate.
INTERNSHIP EDGE PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for the Internship EDGE Program, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Have completed at least 24 credits
- Have approval from Academic Advisor that the credit internship fits within student’s educational plan
To qualify, international students must also:
- Have at least one-year in F1 visa status
- Contact the International Student Office at ISSO@broward.edu for approval
Interested students should register and upload a resume to the College's online job board www.broward.edu/ccn, and attend a mandatory internship orientation. For more information, please contact email@example.com.